Ruby A dynamic, open source programming language with a focus on simplicity and productivity. It has an elegant syntax that is natural to read and easy to write.
Learning to build a modern web application is daunting. Ruby on Rails makes it much easier and more fun. It includes everything you need to build fantastic applications, and you can learn it with the support of our large, friendly community.
Why companies choose ROR
- Open source
- Simplify web and API development
- Innovated in software testing tools. BDD/TDD, full-stack automated testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- Large ecosystem
- Developer friendly
a.simple and readable syntax helps ruby programmer to execute more in less code
- Familiar among open source
- Easy adopting good software development practices, being flexible as these practices change over time.
- Spending much more time on feature development and solving complex problems.
- Easy to get start and launch faster.
- Rapid prototyping
- MVC architecture
- Creates opportunity for other techies to rapidly switch into ROR
- Convention over Configuration paradigm
- Don’t Repeat Yourself (DRY)
- Object Relational Mapper(ORM)
- Active Record Migrations
- Best tool for Agile development
- Rails environments(development/test/production)
- Framework continued to evolve and mature.
- Framework releases regular security updates.
- Making short iterations to try out new product features easy
- Easy feature enhancement
- rails magic
a. Rails has done a lot of work behind the scenes to ensure they’ll just be there automatically.
b. The framework has the inbuilt solutions to the variety of problems that a web developer commonly faced.
25. Allow to focus on product goals then thinking about structuring the application.
26. Supports easy integration of external systems.
27. Supports open-source Linux and many free web servers. So, no need of buy any license.
28. Easy upgrade
29. ROR can be used for various purposes like e-commerce, content management system, mobile application backend, social networks, Healthcare, Real Estate, Travel etc.
a. This generally means that any security vulnerabilities detected are patched very quickly , helping to keep Rails applications secure.
31. I18n -internationalization(multi-language support).
Why don’t companies choose ROR
- Can’t expect immediate support from open source library contributors.
- Difficulty in finding a big team.
- Missing parallelism and slower execution speed
- All components are tightly coupled and depend on each other, so its hard to restructure.
Benefits of Ruby on Rails for Web Application Development
Ruby on rails has been one of the top most popular and advanced server site web frameworks for a few years. So before I…
Is Ruby on Rails a good choice for developing applications for healthcare and hospitals?
Answer (1 of 11): Definitely, it is. In fact, we do have an application in the nearest field to healthcare. This is a…